2. Technicalinformation about usage of the Services
When you use theServices, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive sometechnical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies, Pixels,and Other Tracking Technologies: We, our partners, our advertisers,and third party advertising networks use various technologies to collectinformation, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and deviceidentifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer whenyou access our services through a browser. We, our partners, our advertisers,and third party advertising networks may use session cookies (which expire whenyou close your browser),persistent cookies (which expire when you choose toclear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers tocollect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such asunderstand how you use our services and other services; personalize yourexperience; measure, manage,and display advertising on the Services or on otherservices; understand your usage of the Services and other services in order toserve customized ads and remember that you are logged into the Services. Byusing your browser settings,you may block cookies or adjust settings for notificationswhen a cookie isset.
We employ somethird-party services to help us understand the usage of the Services and theperformance of advertising, and these third-parties may also deploy cookies,pixels, or other identifiers on the Services or collect information through ourmobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in anon-personal way, how users interact with various portions of the Services —you can learn more about information that Google may collect here.
Log information:When you use theServices, our servers will record information about your usage of the Servicesand information that is sent by your browser or device. Log information caninclude things like the IP address of your device, information about thebrowser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers,pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run onthe Services, and other ways you interact with the Services. If you are loggedinto the Services, this information is stored with your account information.
How we use your information
We may use theinformation we collect for various purposes, including to:
You can opt-intoreceiving promotional communications from us by using the settings on theAccount Info page or by using the unsubscribe mechanism included in themessage, where applicable.
What we share
The Servicescomprise a platform that presents you with a set of one or more retailervirtual storefronts from which you can select goods for picking, packing, anddelivery by individual Personal Shopper(s) to your location or, if available,for you to pick up in-store. In order to make this work, we need to shareinformation about you and your order with the other parties who help enable theservice. This includes, for example,the Personal Shopper(s) who pick anddeliver your order, the payment processing partner(s) that we use to validateand charge your credit card, and the retail partner(s) from whom you arepurchasing goods. To be clear, only our pa yment processing partner(s) receivecredit card information.
We also shareinformation under the following principles:
· — We will shareyour information with entities outside of the Services when we have yourconsent to do so or it is done at your direction. For example:
· · · If you invite friends to use theServices through our referral program or to share a shopping cart, we willshare some information with the friends you invite like your name andpicture.Likewise, if you choose to join someone else’s cart, they will see someof your information.
· — We sometimesemploy third parties to process information on our behalf or to provide certainservices (such as delivery services, advertising services, or information tobetter tailor our services to you). For the purposes of this processing orprovision of services, we may share your information with them underappropriate confidentiality provisions.
· — We may shareyour information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to(a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests fromlaw enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwisehandle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety,rights, or property of any person, the public, or Foodel.
· — We shareinformation on both a non-personally identifying basis (including, but notlimited to, order and delivery details but not including credit cardinformation) or an aggregate basis.
· — When you buy age restrictedproducts using the Services, we may be required by law to share certaininformation with the retailer who makes the sale. This information could include,among other things, the names and addresses of the purchaser and recipient,government issued ID information, the quantity, brand, price, proof, and volumeof alcohol purchased, and a recipient signature.
· For business purposes — We may shareyour information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger,sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of ourbusiness by another company. We may also share your information between andamong Foodel, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, andother companies under common control and ownership.
Changes to thisPolicy